Comparative study and performance analysis of automotive braking system
Keywords:Braking system, disk rotor, Material optimization, drum brake, Brake pads.
The current breaking system of automobile is analyzed in this paper. In the automobile field braking system is one of the most important think. The braking system needs good functioning and maintenance. In order to increase the efficiency, the disk brake is alternate for the drum brake. In this analysis various materials are used for both drum and disk brake. A hydraulic line to the caliper is used by brake fluid. In the Brake rotor brake pads are fitted. The axial of the vehicle had rim with tyre setup for brake attachment. The brake rotor material is efficiency and corrosion varies. The disk rotor is analyzed by new materials and the results are compared with existing material.
2. Guru Murthy Nathi, T N Charyulu, K.Gowtham, P Satish Reddy, “ Coupled Structual / Thermal Analysis Of Disc Brake",2012.
3. N. Balasubramanyam, Smt. G. Prasanthi, “Design and Analysis of Disc Brake Rotor for a Two Wheeler”, International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Technology (IJMIT)- Vol. 1, Issue 1, pp: (7-12), Month: October 2013-March 2014.
4. Amit Telang, AmeenurRehman, Gajendra Dixit &Satyabrata Das, “ Effect of reinforcement and heat treatment on the friction performance of Al Si alloy and brake pad pair ", Research paper- 2010
5. Zhang Jian Xia Changgao Research of the “Transient Temperature Field and Friction Properties on Disc Brakes” Y.Yildiz and M.Duzgun,“Stress analysis of ventilated brake discs using the finite Element method”, International Journal of Automotive Technology,Vol.11, No.1, (2010) pp.133?138.
6. MesutDuzgun,“Investigation of thermo-structural behaviors of different ventilation applications on brake discs”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology,Vol.26 (1) (2012) pp.235-240.
7. M. Pevec, I. Potrc, G. Bombek and D. Vranesevic,“Prediction of the cooling factors of a vehicle brake Disc and its influence on the results Of a thermal numerical simulation”, International Journal of Automotive Technology,Vol.13,No.5,(2012) pp.725?733.
8. Sung Pil Jung, Young Guk Kim and Tae Won Park,“A Study on Thermal Characteristic Analysis and Shape Optimization of a Ventilated Disc”, International Journal Of Precision Engineering And Manufacturing,Vol.13, No.1(2012),pp.57-63.
9. Pyung Hwang and XuanWu,“Investigation of temperature and thermal stress in ventilated disc brake based on 3D thermo-mechanical coupling model”, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology,Vol.24 (2010) pp.81-84.
10. Ali Belhocine, MostefaBouchetara,“Thermal analysis of a solid brake disc”, Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.32 (2012),pp.59-67.
11. JaeyoungKang,“Squeal analysis of gyroscopic disc brake system based on finite element method”, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences,Vol.51,No.7, (2009) pp.284-94.
12. Sung Pil Jung, Tae Won Park, Jang Bom Chai and Won Sun Chung,“Thermo-Mechanical Finite Element Analysis of Hot Judder Phenomenon of a Ventilated Disc Brake System”, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol.12, No.5,(2011) pp.821-828.
13. Sung-Soo Kang, and Seong-KeunCho,“Thermal deformation and stress analysis of disk brakes by finite element method”,Journal of Mechanical Sciences and Technology, Vol.26(7),(2012) pp.2133-2137.
14. Byeongchoon Goo and Choong-hwanLim,“Thermal fatigue of cast iron brake disk materials”, Journal of Mechanical Sciences and Technology, Vol.26(6),(2012) pp.1719- 1724.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.