Excitation Systems (ES) for Wound-Field Synchronous Machines (WFSM)
Keywords:Excitation systems, WFSM, SES, BES.
The power generating units and higher power motors are majority included by wound field synchronous machines (WFSM) because of it has flexible field excitation, flux intrinsic weakening capacity and high efficiency. It can be also used in low to medium power range for high end solutions in a wide range. This paper is analyzing a study of modern methods and technologies of WFSM excitation system. This paper also explains that the trending excitation system of generators and WFSM excitation system.
2. Ludois DC, Brown I. Brushless and permanent magnet free wound field synchronous motors for EV traction. Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI (United States); 2017 Mar 31.
3.Ayub M, Jawad G, Kwon BI. Consequent-Pole Hybrid Excitation Brushless Wound Field Synchronous Machine With Fractional Slot Concentrated Winding. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 2019 Jan 22.
4.Nĝland JK, Evestedt F, Pérez-Loya JJ, Abrahamsson J, Lundin U. Design and characterization of a rotating brushless outer pole PM exciter for a synchronous generator. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2017 Feb 15;53(3):2016-27.
5. Barakat A, Chouaba SE. Performance Improvement of Brushless Generator Voltage Regulation by Using a Controlled Non Linear Discharge Resistor. In2018 XIII International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM) 2018 Sep 3 (pp. 365-371). IEEE.
6. Chu KH, Pou J, Ramakrishna S, Gupta AK. Performance of series hybrid excitation synchronous machine in comparison with wound field synchronous machine. In2017 Asian Conference on Energy, Power and Transportation Electrification (ACEPT) 2017 Oct 24 (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
7.Nuzzo S, Galea M, Gerada C, Brown N. Analysis, modeling, and design considerations for the excitation systems of synchronous generators. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2017 Sep 25; 65(4):2996-3007.
8.Dai J, Hagen S, Ludois DC, Brown IP. Synchronous generator brushless field excitation and voltage regulation via capacitive coupling through journal bearings. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2017 Mar 13;53(4):3317-26.
9.Yousefian R, Bhattarai R, Kamalasadan S. Transient stability enhancement of power grid with integrated wide area control of wind farms and synchronous generators. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2017 Mar 1;32(6):4818-31.
10.Almas MS, Baudette M, Vanfretti L. Utilizing synchrophasor-based supplementary damping control signals in conventional generator excitation systems. Electric power systems research. 2018 Apr 1;157:157-67.
11.Almas MS, Baudette M, Vanfretti L. Utilizing synchrophasor-based supplementary damping control signals in conventional generator excitation systems. Electric power systems research. 2018 Apr 1;157:157-67.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.