K-Means Clustering Based Marine Image Segmentation
Keywords:Marine Image, Segmentation, K-means, Clustering, PSNR.
The process of image segmentation scheme for marine images is used in area of marine applications in order to detect and identify any ships or boats when it is missed and is identified via satellite image are when the images are taken from a high distance. A system for the automatic identification and segmentation of an object over the water area is done by using K-Means clustering based segmentation algorithm is proposed in this paper. By using this algorithm a ship can be segmented and identified that object seen over the sea or ocean. When it is identified the ship is alone can be segmented from that image and is shown here. Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) values are evaluated for obtaining the performance measures of our system.
2. Halder, A., & Dobe, O. (2016), “Detection of tumor in brain MRI using fuzzy feature selection and support vector machine”. IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, pp. 1919-1923.
3. Al-Dmour, H., & Al-Ani, A. (2016), “MR Brain Image Segmentation Based on Unsupervised and Semi-Supervised Fuzzy Clustering Methods”. IEEE International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, pp. 1-7.
4. Moeskops, P., Viergever, M. A., Mendrik, A. M., de Vries, L. S., Benders, M. J., & Išgum, I. (2016), “Automatic segmentation of MR brain images with a convolutional neural network”. IEEE transactions on medical imaging, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 1252-1261.
5. Pare, S., et al, (2015), “Satellite image segmentation based on different objective functions using genetic algorithm: a comparative study”, IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, pp. 730-734.
6. Yugander, P., et al, (2012), “Multiple kernel fuzzy C-means algorithm with ALS method for satellite and medical image segmentation”, IEEE International Conference on Devices, Circuits and Systems, pp. 244-248.
Authors need to sign following agreement with International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research before publishing their articles:
- Authors need to return copyright form to Journal Editor-in-chief to proceed their articles for publication. Meantime, the journal licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits other user to distribute the work with an acknowledgement of the authors for International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are also able to share their separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-restricted contribution of the journal with an acknowledgement of publication in International Journal of MC Square Scientific Research.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to share their work during the submission process for increasing citation and exploring to increase the paper availability in worldwide way. The Effect of Open Access.